BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bad day...

Today's headline: Worst day of my life physically, mentally n financially.

Recap:

My ireland/scotland trip should have started today, with my 8:50am flight to Belfast. I slept late last night. I woke up a bit late this morning. Got out of the house at nearly 7 am. Took the bus to Liverpool Street but there was construction going on, so I thought this might take a while. I set off the bus and opted for the fast tube instead. Took the tube to Liverpool Street and got there around 7:30am. Then I realised something odd - the express railway says Stransted Airport Express.. and I was supposed to go to Gatwick! "Oh shittt." I called my friend up and she confirmed that Gatwick express is from Victoria station! I could only find the central line, so I went around and asked a lady officer where the circle line is. She told me to go back to where I came from, and I did... But there was no freaking circle line! And the sign is not helpful AT ALL! So I asked another officer, and he pointed me to the right direction which is on the opposite side! Frantically ran to the platform, and nearly got on the wrong tube! Waited for another 10 minutes before the tube to arrive. Finally got to Victoria station at 8:15am. Hopped on the Gatwick Express immediately (which costs me £££).. By the time I arrived at Gatwick, I already missed the flight. So I wandered around the airport on what to do next. I called up Babah to ask whether I should just cancel the trip or buy a new ticket. He told me I should go. So I bought a new ticket to Belfast (£70) which leaves from Stransted Airport at 4:05pm. I checked the details carefully again and again before I actually bought it! I took the Gatwick express (more £££ lost)to go back to Victoria station.

Came back to Victoria at around 11.30am. I decided to have lunch with my Bruhall friends and we agreed to eat out at a malaysian restaurant in Paddington. Checked the bus timetable a couple of times just to make sure I don't mess up again - "Ok cool. Take bus 36 at Bus stop F!" I reminded myself again and again. And I did exactly that. After 15 minutes in the bus, I thought to myself "Hmmmm... Wait a minute. Where in the world are we going?!?! I've never heard of these places!" My instinct told me to get off at the next stop. And I was right, that bus was heading to the opposite direction to where I want to go!!! Oh my GOD!! What the hell is wrong with me? So I crossed the road and took the correct bus! Had lunch with my friends at around 12:30pm and whined. Just when I thought things couldn't get worse. Pffftt.. After that, because I didn't want to miss my second flight too, I left the restaurant early. Sorry girls! So took the tube AGAIN to Liverpool Street. Got on Stransted Express (oh my £££~ T___T). Arrived at Stransted Airport at around 2:45. I felt pleased with myself because I came early this time! "No line at the counter. YES! Everything's going smoothly so far!" I thought. I presented my passport at the counter. She tried typing my name twice, then suddenly she frowned. She typed my name again and again, albeit a bit furiously I was sure the Enter button was gonna break. At that point, I knew something was gonna go wrong AGAIN! She looked at me and said "Your name's not in the system". I gave her my booking reference. She tried that, but gave the same reply. She told me to go check with the information desk. And so I went, praying everything will work out. The lady at the information desk told me the same thing and I gave her my booking reference. She called up another officer, and after a few moments of silence, she looked up to me and said "You booked a ticket for the 29th of APRIL!" I couldn't believe my ears. I just wanna slap myself! What the freaking hell is going on here??!!!! And then she began talking about all these other things - that they couldn't transfer the flight ticket, that I need to buy a NEW ticket, that there's another flight at 7pm... blablabla.. I just gave up. I just covered my face and let out a big sigh. I took my passport and called my dad. He couldn't believe it either! He asked me if I want to take the 7pm flight, and I was like "No.. today has been really bad! I have a bad feeling about this.." And my mom shared the same sentiment, she told me that maybe things weren't going according to plan because something's preventing me from going. Like I wasn't meant to go to Ireland/Scotland.

Or maybe everything is just due to me being stupid and careless..... which is very likely because I AM an idiot. A fact proven again and again.

I felt so defeated at the end of that. I took the Stransted Express back to Liverpool Street (I could hear the £££ disappearing again..) All those tube and train rides since 7am till 4pm came down to nothing but a waste of money. Today has been plain weird and crazy. Nothing worked out! All my journeys were all messed up! Took the wrong tube, missed the flight, took the wrong bus, booked the wrong ticket. I never had so many bad things happen to me in one day! And so I decided not to go ahead with the trip, because I do feel a bit superstitious about the whole thing. And, the money spent today was enough to buy me about 2 months worth of BruHall meals. Anyway, lesson learnt.

Hope you guys have a great easter break!

3 comments:

Mahirah said...

oh noooooooo!!! i'm so sorry to hear that *hugs* don't be too sad. Bad day, it'll balance itself out! *hugs*

CuriousKay said...

Don't blame urself dear... Alum tah jodoh mu tu ke Belfast/Scotland... Ada hikmah tu nya nanti...

Maya said...

My God! Tell them it's IMPOSSIBLE for you to consent/book a ticket in APRIL. Point the reason why you wanted a new ticket for the next day was because you had missed the first one. Clearly they have made a mistake and they should reimburse you for the damages or at least let you board on that plane. Tell them that their service/mistake is unacceptable!

I had the same problem with my RBA flight back to Brunei. OMG! It was a nightmare. Just half an hour till the plane took off, they told me that my name was not on the system. Then I got soo mad at them and 5mins left before departure, I got my boarding ticket. YAY! hehe