
Should've made this post weeks ago! Before I start ranting, I just wanna thank everyone for being so sweet and supportive when I had that crazy day (Read previous post!). I was a bit disappointed I couldn't go, but I wasn't completely crushed or anything! Putri (my friend in Aberdeen) even went as far as buying me a new train ticket to Scotland! The day after I missed my flight, Putri called me up. She said she felt bad for me, and so wanted to buy me ticket to Scotland. I insisted I was OK about missing the trip, but Putri's a really stubborn girl. Haiiyaa.. In the end, she bought me a train ticket from London to Edinburgh for the 3rd of April. Thanks so much Pu3! :)
3rd-4th: Edinburgh, Scotland. Stayed overnight at a hostel. We shared the room with another Australian lady. EDINBURGH IS SO B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! And the Edinburgh castle is one of the most gorgeous castles I've seen! I love how it sits on top of this beautiful rocky cliff/hill, with flowers covering the slope. I repeatedly commented on how "LAWA!" it was, while Mahirah kept replying "It took thousands of slaves working hard on that for years!" Hehe. We wanted to go on this supposedly free ghost tour (because according to PU3, Edinburgh used to be the place for witches and dungeons). We couldn't find one, so we just walked around the city. Lawaaa... and cold!! :) And ada someone went to the toilet like 8 times a day! Oh, and thanks to EDDIE & the boys for taking us out for dinner!
4th: Glasgow, Scotland. We left Edinburgh for Glasgow at 11.30am. Nearly missed the train though because we weren't keeping track of the time. And, it was pouring rain that day! The initial plan was to stay in Glasgow till 7pm before travelling off again to Aberdeen. Unfortunately, we lost our Aberdeen reservation ticket, so we had to purchase new ones. As buying a new train ticket would cost us around ~27 quids each, we went for coach. And of all days, the MegaBus ticket counter just happened to be closed, paksa kami cari internet to buy coach ticket online! Cali lh jua. It took us about ~2hrs to finally get ourselves new coach tickets (thanks to Starbucks internet!). Since the coach leaves at 5:30pm, that only gave us about 3 hours to look around Glasgow! In the end, we just visited their "Modern Art museum" (yg aku nda paham at all! I don't see how any of that is art! And how any of that deserves to be put in a museum!) and had late lunch at an Italian restaurant nearby (nyaman!).
4th-6th Aberdeen, Scotland. Aberdeen is so much fun! It's so beautiful and peaceful too! Well.. I live in London, anywhere but here would feel peaceful! But seriously, you just feel relaxed and carefree when you go there. And I LOVE STONEHAVEN!!!! Me and Mahirah were pretty lucky, because we had PU3's friend, Peter to drive us around Aberdeen. Let's see.. We visited Doonies farm (and while Mahirah and PU3 were happily feeding the sheeps and cows carrots, I stayed a good 3m away because those huge, straight teeth are scaring me! which earned me an "Oh, such a city girl!" from Peter! Haha. At least I was brave enough to stroke the pony's head.. for 2 seconds..). We visited seaside village,Stonehaven (lovely beach and icecream!). We visited the beautiful Dunnotor castle (A stunning ruined castle on cliff top! We had a lovely picnic on top of another cliff facing the castle. We walked down to the coast, and took lots of pictures! That place was just mesmerizing! It wasn't as fun walking back up though!). Lastly, we visited the Crathes castle (a weird looking castle with awkwardly-placed windows, with a huge eccentric garden next to it. Very mysterious place!). That night, we had sushi and spaghetti for dinner!
I had a really great time in Scotland! Thanks PU3, MahiMahi, Peter and Jerry! :D
0 comments:
Post a Comment