I just had a great, wonderful weekend! -- not very productive assignment-wise but a few days off wouldn't do me much harm.. or would it? Regardless, I just want to say JUST HOW DID I END UP MEETING THESE CRAZY PEOPLE. Haha. To sum up my weekend = Cosplay, Shuffle, Abracadabra, Sing Star. Dr. Zazi sleptover at my house from friday till sunday, and she's just plain hyper and loud. Haha! Then, a couple of my housemate's friends came over on friday - one of them being a 'Shuffler'. Me, rad n Dr. tried to shuffle, but it was just all over the place~! On saturday, we went to BBSS Raya Open House at 704, Pershore and makan makan makan. Dr. suddenly wanted to buy SingStar, so she did exactly that. So now we got PS3 (Lisyah's) and SingStar (Dr's) downstairs in our living room. Then, we had a badminton session on sunday... Liverpool kicked ManU's ass 2-0.. and I still couldn't believe the twins are still in X-FACTOR! GRRRR! Oh... AND HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY TO FATIN JIYAH~! Heeee.
BBSS Raya Open House (24th Oct):
I just had a lecture on Ethics today. It was really really interesting, especially regarding Stem Cells Research. How some countries are really paranoid and strict on this field (understandably) because they fear some scientists might 'clone' people and also the fact that 'embryos' are human too. I am not against cloning embryos - to me it is just like cloning other cells, except this one could potentially grow into a person. My coursemate rightly said that the public are against this 'cloning' most probably because when they hear the word 'embryo', they immediately think about 'fetus' - when in fact one could argue embryo is just a clump of cells and should not be treated (i.e. given privilege) as a living human. Then, there's another issue of Brain Reconstruction - injecting stem cells in the brain and reconfigure some part of the brain. Some argue it may cause loss of identity and 'soul', but if it cures people, why not? There are more interesting stuff I came across.. like how for this one experiment, the researchers were able to create a bronchus from stem cells. I think, even when we are able to re-create organs from stem cells, they will never function as well as what God has created -- because human body is just too complicated. =) Ok, enough of me rambling on about this.
Take Care everyone.
Monday, October 26, 2009
BBSS Open House
Posted by Just another ephemeral being at 8:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment