BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 23, 2008

Please help...

Please help the victims of China's recent earthquake. Please contribute in any way you can, and show that we care. I just made a donation online through the China Earthquake Fund set up by UK's redcross. If you want to do the same, you can donate by visiting these websites:

http://www.redcross.org.uk/donatesection.asp?id=81125
OR
http://www.worldvision.org/


I feel helpless at the moment. After seeing the pictures, reading all the moving stories of these strong-willed victims and watching some videos from the earthquake, I just bawled my eyes out for days. I salute all the rescuers, they are indeed HEROES. I feel humbled just reading what they have gone through:

http://2008sceq.googlepages.com/englisharticles


I recommend you to visit and read the stories that has come out from this tragic event. If you finish reading these articles with no tears down your cheeks, you are heartless. Most of the victims were children who were at school when the disaster struck; and surviving children were found with their parents' or teachers' bodies on top - who selflessly sacrifice themselves. The rescuers continue searching and helping for trapped victims non-stop for days without resting.

This child was reaching for someone to rescue it from the darkness. But it was too late. *cries*

She was found safe and shielded under two dead and seriously battered adult bodies - they were her parents. *cries*

If only I can, I'm willing to ditch exams and go to China. Help these children. Comfort the survivors who lost their loved ones. Provide them with food and a place to sleep. I would adopt these orphaned children, but I don't have the money or the means to do any of these. I just wish I could do so much more. But, how about you?

Current toll:
55239 dead
281066 injured
83988 rescued
24949 missing

0 comments: