Kyoto.. My favourite place of all of Japan (not that I've been to every city there). Why I love Kyoto? The buildings. The environment. Kyoto is basically preserved architecturally, which means lots of palaces, gardens, traditional-looking houses and shrines. Like in Osaka, we spent two nights here in Kyoto. First day, we stayed at Toyoko-Inn Kyoto Shijo. Second day, we switched hotels and stayed at the beautiful traditional-type hotel, Shimizu Ryokan.
On our first day in Kyoto, we visited the Kyoto Imperial Palace, Nijo Castle and also, Toei Uzumasa Eigamura. The latter is "a film set and theme park in one featuring replicas of traditional Japanese buildings used for Samurai Action films" - wiki. Imperial Palace was mostly "Wow~ Beautiful~ Wow~ Breathtaking~", whereas Toei movieland "Cool~ Oh a Samurai! Cool~ Ultraman! Haha~" Both were very interesting and entertaining. After sungkai, we (or rather I) shopped around at the wicked Kyoto 'market'. Cool lah fashion stores dorang ani.
Second day was the most productive in my opinion but also the most tiring. The heat.. fuuhhh. I could hear the Japanese themselves kept saying how "Atsui (Hot)" it was. Gila lah panasnya. The ubiquitous vending machines just made the matter worse. I kept muttering "Tahan. Tahan" to myself. Haha. Memang mencabar. I made a mental note to never go travelling when it's fasting period AND summer. We went to Gion - the Geisha district, Kyō-ō-Gokokuji, Kiyomizu-dera, and some other buildings - their names escape me. I bought lots of traditional gift items in Kyoto, that's for sure. Fan, Mirror, Chopsticks, etc. But it was fun~! Although my sister had to keep up with me sighing and stopping for a rest every.. I don't know.. 15 seconds? haha. sorry.
Next up, Nagoya and Tokyo. Ahhh. I'm going to miss Kyoto. Oh, I forgot to mention that we ate UnaJu again everyday for Sungkai and Sahur. Aiggoo. Ayte, gotta go now.






0 comments:
Post a Comment