The mad scientist:
Everything's getting more hectic day by day. Week 10's looming closer = finishing up project, presentation (in front of 40+ people!), deadline for drafts, etc. etc. The 'finishing up project' is the one that scares me most, because looking at the results I have at the moment, I have only got a couple of figures for my dissertation. The thing that frustrates me is that: for the last 2-3 weeks, I worked my butt off from 9ish in the morning till late (sometimes 7pm), and produced a lot of data and graphs. And then my supervisor came along and told me it would make sense to squeeze all those graphs into one figure. I went cold. ALL OF THAT 6 GRAPHS INTO ONE FIGURE?!?!! One figure essentialy meant one result. Please let me cry.. T_T Then, Dee tried to cheer me up by showing a graph from his PhD dissertation. "See these two lines on my graph. That took me a month, and all I got were two lines." Flippin S.C.I.E.N.C.E...
Oh well.. Alhamdulillah for all these 'weird' people in my lab to cheer me up. They're just so random and childish. Dee with his lame, cold jokes.. Bee with her outbursts of loud bimbo-istic craziness.. Yem with his sarcastic, temperemental, swearings/comments..
Oh. Paintball's coming up this weekend! Yeah~ Brum Supremacy and Brum Ultimatum are coming to get ya~! So, that should be fun. Apa lagi. Oh, I attended this talk on the History of Islam last weekend, and it was very... humbling.. and touching.. and inspiring. It reminded me what has been lost (semangat and niat), and what could be undone (start all over again). One of the things that melakat sampai masa ani.. "What is your purpose in life?". Why are we doing the things we're doing? Utk apa? Utk siapa? Whenever I think about it, it kinda sets my mind and my niat (intention) right. What I am supposed to be doing is something that can benefit me in the hereafer. Every little actions can have an effect: it's either Jannah or Jahanam. You choose which one to go to. I hope someone will always be there to remind me of these things. Amin.
Reminder for today to my readers and myself:
"Tidak akan terputus rezeki seseorang selagi dia tidak meninggalkan doa kepada kedua orang tua nya dalam sehari" sabda Rasulullah s.a.w
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Another Lab post
Posted by Just another ephemeral being at 8:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment